Friday, May 25, 2007

The end is near!!!

Only 10.5 more days to go!! I think I can make it but I am not sure if my sanity shall remain intact. First grade has had some exciting times lately. I think my kids are just sick of each other and so they are arguing a lot. It is just a little annoying (okay, it is a lot annoying).
We have had some good excitement, too. In first grade we study the frog life cycle which means we get to raise tadpoles. (this is my favorite unit since I love frogs :) ) Some of our tadpoles have matured into froglets. They are so cute and tiny )about the size of my finger tip). Today I released them back into the pond that the tadpoles came from. Here are a few pictures of the froglets. They are a little like a hidden picture, you have to find the baby frogs.

Hint: There is one by the stick and one in the water.

Can you see it on the big rock?

Okay I know it is blurry but this is just to show you the size of the frog baby. (It is hard to take a picture of something so tiny with my little digital camera. It can only do so much.) They still have little tails left.

Well, I think the frogs are exciting anyway and so I thought I would share. Some other exciting things for my little school are that we might be getting an actual building with a roof and walls and staff restrooms (currently I use the same one that the kids use and they are not always the cleanest. yuck!) and a multipurpose area so that the ankle biters would not have to eat lunch in the classroom anymore. Please pray for us that we get a building. We only have one more year to be at our current site but with adding a second 4th grade next year we are out of room. It will mean a lot of work this summer if we do get a building but it is so that the school can stay operating and I would still have my job. I will keep you posted on building progress. Well, I am going to end this one for now. I will post again soon.

1 comment:

Daniel Raška said...

Hey, this Danecek, hope you guys remember me :) I miss teasing you ;)